This post is a summary of Merlin’s “Inbox Zero”. Merlins Mann gave a talk at Google about how to manage your e-mail.
Since I had a Gmail account, I’ve never deleted my e-mail anymore. I forward the school e-mail to Gmail to backup (also searching purpose). If you are still deleting e-mail, go get a Gmail or Yahoo mail.
But sometime your life is more complicated and busy. You need to manage you daily task (e-mail).
Merlin explained his strategy to manage his e-mail. Action-based e-mail.
– Delete (actually he didn’t delete it. He just put into Archive)
– Delegate (forward to other)
– Respond (something that you can do it right away)
– Defer (waiting to do later)
– Do (spend a quite time to do it)