Last week I went to grocery shopping. I found this coffee for $2.50. So I gave it a try.
– Back (look at the circle with Pink color)
– Open the bottom, and pop the green liquid. Leave it for 5 mins.
– Until the circle turn white.
– Then it’s ready to drink!!
– Temperature is quite hot.
– Time: it’s very convience.
– Taste: It’s suck!! It just likes a regular can coffee.
– Environment: I’m still curious how bad it is to the environment. Chemical, plastic. Well…there is a text “Please Recycle” on the label though.
I did some research (just google) on how it works.
Check out pictures inside of the container.
“So there it is, an exothermic reaction (gives heat off) with water and calcium oxide.”
here is another link from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-heating_can
A self-heating can is an extension of the common food can. It involves the use of dual chambered cans, where an inner chamber holds the food or drink and the outer chamber houses chemicals that undergo an exothermic reaction when combined. When someone wants to eat the food, they pull a ring on the can that breaks the barrier separating the chemicals in the outer chamber. After the heat has been absorbed by the food, the eater can then enjoy a hot meal or drink. While it offers benefits to campers and people eating away from a stove or microwave, the concept is not yet widespread because of the added expenses and problems with heating the food evenly.